Head of Manufacturing
The Head of Manufacturing will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for setting up AppScooter’s first production line and meeting the production forecast. He or she will lead the manufacturing team and will provide hands-on support to the engineering, sourcing & design teams.
- Plan, set up and help build our scalable, cost-effective and high-quality manufacturing line.
- Help with location selection, factory planning and selecting & managing the required external parties.
- Hire, coach, lead and develop manufacturing team members. Conduct team member training.
- Drive manufacturing team and manage key equipment suppliers to help set and achieve manufacturing targets.
- Maintain high product quality and manufacturing yield while ensuring optimal use of resources and adherence to best safety practices.
- Partner and coordinate with engineering, supply chain & design teams to ensure every product aspect is optimised for automated manufacturing and resolve issues and concerns.
- Help choose, setup and implement best practices such as Lean & 5S, and ensure adoption and adherence throughout the organisation.
- Set up and enforce proper material management procedures.
- Set up production monitoring metrics and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to assess productivity and cost management.
- 10+ years related (preferrably some automotive) manufacturing experience, 4+ years supervisory/management experience.
- Ability to work in a relative ‘clean slate’ startup environment and help setup the required organisation, processes and structure to build and scale the production line and manufacturing team(s).
- Extensive knowledge of assembly and production techniques.
- Experience with implementing ATO, MTO and JIT production and supply chain management strategies.
- Prior experience in setting up and managing similar sized production lines with comparable manufacturing and engineering teams.
- The ideal candidate is analytical, detail-oriented, self-motivated, and able to proactively communicate with all employees and works well in a fast-paced multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with process improvement methodologies to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Committed to continuous improvement and experienced in its implementation and setup.
- Proactive, well organized and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, manage competing demands and meet tight deadlines with strong follow through.
- Good understanding of mechanical and standardized processes.
- Ability to use problem solving methods and techniques to successfully and efficiently resolve problems.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills and the ability to foster close working relationships with team members and management.
- A thorough understanding of manufacturing, high-level leadership and decision making skills.
- A strong sense of urgency and drive to succeed.
- Experience in fibre reinforced injection molding.
- Have an extensive network in the automotive manufacturing industry.
- Experience in automotive part sourcing and supply chain management.
- World class Tier 1 or OEM work experience in setting up a production line from scratch.
At Bolt Mobility, we are reinventing personal smart mobility, starting with the scooter. Our first product is AppScooter®, also known as 'the Dutch Tesla on two wheels'.
AppScooter® accelerates 150% faster and goes up to 400km with our modular electric drivetrain. With a 7" touchscreen and handlebar controls, AppScooter® is the first scooter in the world to safely run Android apps in its cockpit.
We didn’t just redesign the scooter, we redesigned the entire value proposition. From the way it's manufactured and engineered, to the way it's sold and serviced. Everything we do has one singular purpose: make personal smart mobility as effortless, efficient and fun as huma(chi)n(e)ly possible.
To deliver a high quality product at an affordable price, we are actually building our own large scale fully automated production line with the capacity for up to 100.000 scooters per year, here in the Netherlands.
We work in a flat ‘Dream Team' structure with cross-functional teams of exceptionally smart people that love building stuff and have been tinkering since their early teens. We see our team and work environment as the first priority of our adventure and aim to become one of the best places to work in the Netherlands.
Our vision is not just to accelerate the transition to sustainable transport, but to lay the foundation of personal smart mobility for decades to come.
Click here to learn more about our product.