Note: hiring for this position will start soon, but you can already apply! Please leave a brief application if you are interested to get notified as soon as this position opens.
Notice: we're moving our office close to Amsterdam, we expect to move in Q3'2017.
At Bolt Mobility, we are reinventing personal smart mobility, starting with the scooter.
Our first product is AppScooter®, also known as 'the Dutch Tesla on two wheels'.
AppScooter® accelerates 150% faster and goes up to 400km with our modular electric drivetrain. With a 7" touchscreen and handlebar controls, AppScooter® is the first scooter in the world to safely run Android apps in its cockpit.
We don't just redesign the scooter, we redesigned the entire value proposition. From the way, it's manufactured and engineered, to the way it's sold and serviced. Everything we do has one singular purpose: make personal smart mobility as effortless, efficient and fun as human(chi)n(e)ly possible.
To deliver a high-quality product at an affordable price, we are actually building our own large-scale fully automated production line with the capacity for up to 100.000 scooters per year.
We work in a flat 'Dutch Dream Team' structure with exceptionally smart people that love building stuff and have been tinkering since their early teens. Our vision is not just to accelerate the transition to sustainable transport, but to lay the foundation of personal smart mobility for decades to come.
Bolt - Lightweight Electric Vehicles That Are Better In Every Way.
- Responsible for all low-voltage electrical vehicle systems, including the smart electronics and the touch screen.
- Responsible for specification and selection of low-voltage electrical parts.
- Responsible for sourcing outsourcable parts (list building and technical discussion with manufacturing partners).
- Prototyping of vehicle electronics.
- Responsible for designing non-outsourcable electronics.
- Responsible for integrations in cockpit.
- Jointly responsible for vehicle wiring harness and electrical interfaces.
- Responsible for passing EMC testing.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (HBO/WO)
- 3 years experience in electrical engineering.
- Experience with digital systems.
- Experience with antennas.
- Experience with electrical schema and PCB design.
- Knowledge of EMC good practices and EMC testing.
- Experience with hands-on work like soldering.
- Strong bonus when experience with EMC testing.
- Experience in automotive industry.
- Experience with 4G, GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth antennas.
- Experience with touch screens.
- Experience with microcontroller programming.
- Experience with sourcing.
- Experience with motor controller design
- Experience with BMS design
- Experience with heat management regarding electronics
- Relevant extracurricular activities like student competition or engineering teams, case studies or Student Assistant
3 to 6