Senior UX Designer
Bolt - Lightweight Electric Vehicles - That. Are. Better. In. Every. Way!
That is quite a Bolt… uhhh... bold statement to make. But we really believe the next step in making the environment better by making it sustainable when it comes to mobility is around the corner. And we are on the frontier of making smart mobility as effortless, efficient and fun as possible.
We need you to help us as a Senior UX Designer to make it even more fun! But let us tell a bit more about our mission. We are not just redesigning scooter life. No, we redesigned the entire value proposition from A to Z and are reinventing personal smart mobility, starting with the scooter. Not only regarding manufacturing and engineering but even to the way we sell and service - it is better and efficient.
We are just thinking and acting like that in our flat structured ‘Dream Team.’ As a company we like to think of ourselves as exceptionally smart and love building stuff and have been tinkering since we were early teens (also quite a bolt statement you might think).
We are building the 'the Dutch Tesla on two wheels' we call the AppScooter®. It accelerates 150% faster and goes up to 400km with our modular electric drivetrain. With a 7" touchscreen and handlebar controls, AppScooter is the first scooter in the world to safely run Android apps in its cockpit. This technology is here to lie the foundation for decades to come.
So join the revolution!
In all cases we need your help with some essential development of our company. You help us build a great experience when it comes to using all Bolt products! In short this means:
- You will create a consistent and pleasant user experience throughout all Bolt products (Mainly AppScooter interface, but also includes phone app and website)
- Create UI guidelines with focus on making the AppScooter safe to drive
- Help us in the creation of user experience artifacts ranging from journey maps, process flows, wireframes, prototypes and design comps
- Coordinate with the user interface designer, frontend- and app developers in making design decisions and verifying the implementation
- Analyse UX analytics data and user feedback and coordinate improvements
- You will incorporate current and future legal requirements on user interaction with vehicles
- We are engineers and we need you to be convincing (since we might be a bit stubborn) as a person.
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or Master’s degree program in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science, Design, Visual Communications or related field
- Around 3 to 7 years of experience as a UX designer
- A passion for creating UI designs which are simple, elegant and consider safety in the driving environment
- Experience in creating holistic user experiences which incorporate the brand identity
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative user testing methods
- The ability to clearly articulate design concepts to your team members
- Understanding of mobile human interface guidelines (Apple’s HIG and Google’s Material Design), current possibilities and limitations of hardware and operating systems, and basic design requirements of a complete mobile app
- Experience with voice and/or gesture interaction principles
- Experience in the automotive industry
- Drive to stay informed of the latest UX design and technology trends