Note: hiring for this position will start soon, but you can already apply! Please leave a brief application if you are interested to get notified as soon as this position opens.
At Bolt Mobility, we are reinventing personal smart mobility, starting with the scooter.
Our first product is AppScooter®, also known as 'the Dutch Tesla on two wheels'.
AppScooter® accelerates 150% faster and goes up to 400km with our modular electric drivetrain. With a 7" touchscreen and handlebar controls, AppScooter® is the first scooter in the world to safely run Android apps in its cockpit.
We don't just redesign the scooter, we redesigned the entire value proposition. From the way, it's manufactured and engineered, to the way it's sold and serviced. Everything we do has one singular purpose: make personal smart mobility as effortless, efficient and fun as human(chi)n(e)ly possible.
To deliver a high-quality product at an affordable price, we are actually building our own large-scale fully automated production line with the capacity for up to 100.000 scooters per year.
We work in a flat 'Dutch Dream Team' structure with exceptionally smart people that love building stuff and have been tinkering since their early teens. Our vision is not just to accelerate the transition to sustainable transport, but to lay the foundation of personal smart mobility for decades to come.
Bolt - Lightweight Electric Vehicles That Are Better In Every Way.
- Plastics Expert
- Main responsible for the Fibre-reinforced plastic monocoque body
- Support the team in the design of injection molded plastic parts
- all aspects of product development will have to be taken into account like:
- design for manufacturing (eg. injection molding preparation)
- design for assembly
- production partner sourcing
- setup of production
- Degree in mechanical engineering (HBO/WO Bachelor)
- 3-6 years of experience in mechanical engineering (automotive industry is an advantage)
- Experience with the design of injection molded plastic parts
- Experience with FEA software (structural)
- Knowledge of plastic properties, modifiers and (Long) fiber-reinfoced plastics
- Knowledge of design requirements for injection molding
- Knowledge of tooling and machine possibilities
- Analytical and structural skills
- Team player, part of a multidiciplinair project team
- Experience with Mold-flow simulation software
- Experience with (Long) fiber-reinforced plastic simulation software
- Experience with surface treatment methodes for plastics
- Knowledge of Polymer ageing
- Knowledge of prototype tooling
- Network in plastics production machinery
- Network in injection molding tooling
- Network in plastics raw material supply
3 to 6