Notice: we're moving our office to Amsterdam, we expect to move in Q3'2017.
As a UI Designer, you will be responsible for the UI design across different platforms and aligning all customer facing experiences into one coherent brand experience. From our AppScooter cockpit and iPhone & Android app, all the way to our website and in-store digital sales experience. You will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of the automotive industry, increasing driving safety and adding value to two wheeled vehicles and setting the new standard. On top of that, you will collaborate with partners to help build an industry benchmark digital in-store experiences. You will have an integral role in aligning all our customer facing journeys and work closely together with our UX designer(s), software & hardware engineers, marketers and store design partners.
- Create a coherent overarching and pragmatic UI design language and lay the foundation for all channels and platforms to create an unparalleled synergy between digital and offline experiences.
- Work together with engineers, customers, marketeers and UX designers to create top notch designs ready for implementation.
- Help build the UI framework and brand guidelines that will make AppScooter the safest and most fun to drive motorised two wheeler in the world.
- Align the customer facing journeys and experiences and coordinate with UX designer(s), software & hardware engineers and marketers to build our 7 inch cockpit HMI, iPhone & Android app, website and in-store digital sales experience.
- Ensure the implementation of UI best practices across the organisation and help support our team in various related challenges to achieve our ambitious design goals.
- Support our marketeers and engineers in interpreting experiments and determining improvements and next actions.
- Ensure our interface designs adhere to regulations and lay the foundation for safe digital HMI for motorised two wheelers.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a User Interface Designer, graphic designer, visual architect, or similar role.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent exceptional professional experience (UI/Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interfaces, Industrial Design, Design, Visual Communications or similar degrees preferred).
- A portfolio or work samples demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions across different platforms (web, HMI, IoT, automotive, stores, marketing materials and/or apps).
- Demonstrated capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs, and a propensity towards simplification.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills and design feeling including the ability to communicate complex, interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and levels of the organization.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately.
- Experience working in a collaborative team and working directly with developers for implementation of designs.
- Strong understanding and proven use of user centered design processes and methods.
- Ability to create and improve designs and sketches in an iterative, agile environment.
- Proficiency with web, app and HMI industry best practices, and a great feeling for translating the user journey into a digital experience optimized for usability, safety, conversion and brand value.
- Proficiency in the latest standards of design tools (e.g. Adobe CC tools, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch etc).
- Graphic design expertise demonstrated through sketches, designs and style guides.
- Experience with Android Auto, material design or Apple Carplay
- Experience with vehicle UI/HMI design
- Experience with UX design
At Bolt Mobility, we are reinventing personal smart mobility, starting with the scooter. Our first product is AppScooter®, also known as 'the Dutch Tesla on two wheels'.
AppScooter® accelerates 150% faster and goes up to 400km with our modular electric drivetrain. With a 7" touchscreen and handlebar controls, AppScooter® is the first scooter in the world to safely run Android apps in its cockpit.
We didn’t just redesign the scooter, we redesigned the entire value proposition. From the way it's manufactured and engineered, to the way it's sold and serviced. Everything we do has one singular purpose: make personal smart mobility as effortless, efficient and fun as huma(chi)n(e)ly possible.
To deliver a high quality product at an affordable price, we are actually building our own large scale fully automated production line with the capacity for up to 100.000 scooters per year, here in the Netherlands.
We work in a flat ‘Dream Team' structure with cross-functional teams of exceptionally smart people that love building stuff and have been tinkering since their early teens. We see our team and work environment as the first priority of our adventure and aim to become one of the best places to work in the Netherlands.
Our vision is not just to accelerate the transition to sustainable transport, but to lay the foundation of personal smart mobility for decades to come.
Click here to learn more about our product.