At Bolt Mobility, we are reinventing personal smart mobility, starting with the scooter. Our first product is AppScooter®, also known as 'the Dutch Tesla on two wheels'.
AppScooter® accelerates 150% faster and goes up to 400km with our modular electric drivetrain. With a 7" touchscreen and handlebar controls, AppScooter® is the first scooter in the world to safely run Android apps in its cockpit.
We don't just redesign the scooter, we redesigned the entire value proposition. From the way it's manufactured and engineered, to the way it's sold and serviced. Everything we do has one singular purpose: make personal smart mobility as effortless, efficient and fun as huma(chi)n(e)ly possible.
To deliver a high quality product at an affordable price, we are actually building our own large scale fully automated production line with the capacity for up to 100.000 scooters per year.
We work in a flat agile team structure with exceptionally smart people that love building stuff and have been tinkering since their early teens. Our vision is not just to accelerate the transition to sustainable transport, but to lay the foundation of personal smart mobility for decades to come.
Responsibilities include creating 3D designs and 2D layouts of exterior lighting from initial concept through mass production. Candidate will be responsible for detailed component calculations, investigating ways to reduce component cost.
- engineering design of headlight, front/rear indicators, tail light
- ensuring AppScooter passes all regulations regarding lighting
- determining need for cooling of lights
All aspects of product development will have to be taken into account like:
- design for manufacturing (eg. injection molding preparation)
- design for assembly
- production partner sourcing
- setup of production
- Master’s Degree in Engineering with courses in optics and mechanical engineering
- Knowledge of testing methods and government requirements for automotive designs
- extensive experience with design of lights (automotive/consumer electronics)
- experience in lab set up and testing methods
- experience with LED lighting
- experience with working in teams
- experience with CAD software (Solidworks/Inventor/Fusion 360)
- Affinity with Automotive design, electric vehicles, scooters
- Data analysis and problem solving skills
- Experience with rapid prototyping, 3D printing, Laser cutting, hand build prototypes
- Experience with the design of injection molded plastic parts
3 to 6